Event: Zoom Mindfulness Meditation Class (6.8.20)
Join Dr Kamal Witharana, an Associate Member of the Positive Psychology Guild, for weekly Zoom sessions on Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Meditation.
Why? To improve and enhance your life.
You may be doing something now, but your attention may not be on what you are doing. You may be caught up in a pattern of swirling thoughts and ruminating on past events, or worrying about the future. However, the past is already gone and the future is not yet here. Life is only in the here and now. If you miss the present moment, you miss your whole life.
What? Stay in the present and be mindful.
How? Be fully focused on “the now” and be aware of your body.
Acknowledge and accept your thoughts, feelings and sensations without judgment. You will slow down racing thoughts, let go of negativity, and calm both your mind and body.
- Be available on the day and be willing to spent 30-60 minutes on a formal meditation session sitting aside in a place, followed up by your own personal practice of at least 30 minutes a day to achieve real benefits.
- Your religion or faith doesn’t matter.
- No previous experience necessary.
- To have access to Zoom online.
Possible Benefits of MBSR Meditation
- Reduce or eliminate stress, anxiety and depression
- Improve physical and mental health
- Improve cognition
- Improve attention
- Manage chronic pain
- Increase grey matter in the brain
- Clear and calm your mind
- Sleep better, wake up feeling refreshed
- Experience true happiness and inner peace in your life
Date: Next session on 6th August, 2020
Time: 6-7pm (UK)
Zoom Login Details
Meeting ID: 9721377245
Conducted by: Dr Kamal Witharana (Medical doctor / Meditation practitioner), Associate Member of the Positive Psychology Guild and a member of the Pali Text Society UK
The sessions are conducted freely by Dr Kamal Witharana or any designated person. However, if you wish to make any donations please contact the centre by clicking here.