Blog Submission Criteria
We encourage members to share their insights and reflections on Positive Psychology and Autism Awareness in Practice! If you wish to submit a blog entry to the PPN Blog, please note the following criteria applies:
- You must be a member of the Positive Psychology Guild to submit entries to the Positive Psychology Network (PPN) blog. This blog serves to highlight the reflections, insights, and experiences of Positive Psychology Practitioners and Autism Awareness Practitioners.
- Entries must be 1,500 words or less and be linked to a current or open blog theme.
- The blog themes are seasonal and entries are based on Q&As. The current Autumn/Winter theme (running until end of February 2021) is “Practicing Positive Psychology in Communities” and “Practicing Autism Awareness in Communities” for practitioners, and “Positive Psychology for Communities” and “Autism Awareness for Communities” for students. Please contact us for the key questions at: email@example.com
- You may also submit blog entries at any time of the year on research projects you have conducted on Positive Psychology and Autism Awareness themes. These entries are welcomed from students and practitioners and may refer to small studies or large projects. Please contact us for the research project blogging guide before you write your entry.
- Entries may highlight student or practitioner insights, reflections, and/or teaching points. If you refer to scientific research or other published works, please use APA style. Do let us know if you aren’t sure about how to do this and we’ll support you. If you wish to refer to experiences with other people, please ensure you have their written permission first and do so with respect.
- If you are writing from a practitioner perspective, please make sure you uphold professional integrity. This includes disclosing any personal opinions, referring openly and respectfully to other people’s work, and mentioning any professional insights beyond Positive Psychology and Autism Awareness. Any critical points must be backed up in a rigorous manner.
- The promotion of services is not allowed within the blog text, however you may include your bio and business links at the end of your post (please see below questions).
- Please also keep in mind PPG’s Professional Guidelines for Positive Psychology Practitioners, which you may access here, and PPG’s Professional Guidelines for Autism Awareness Practitioners, which you may access here.
- Entries must be original; in other words, you may not submit a blog entry that has been posted on another site.
- If you would like to propose a seasonal theme for the future, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that any opinions or views expressed in guest or member blog entries belong to the author of that post and not PPG. PPG values diversity and inclusion of thought, and strives to ensure that anything expressed is done so in a respectful manner.
May I include photos?
Yes. You are welcome to include any photo images with your post, however you must have the relevant permission and licence to use the photos and share them on the PPN blog. PPG can not take responsibility for copyright restrictions here. If we happen to feature your post on the PPN homepage, please note we may select an additional feature photo. This will not affect the images within your post.
May I include a bio and business links?
Yes. We will post a 2-3 sentence introduction about you before your post. This will include your name, membership category, and work role and/or business link. If you wish to include a longer bio, we will post this at the end of your blog. Please keep this bio to 50 words or less. It may include reference to your business services and contact details.
Please note your post should not be linked to the promotion of an event. We have a separate submission process for PPG members who wish to advertise their virtual and live events. Please contact us for further information at: email@example.com
How do I submit my entry?
Once you have your draft ready, please submit this to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens after my entry is submitted?
One of our team members will read it through for a final spell check and to make sure the above submission criteria is in place. We don’t want to change your voice, so we won’t rewrite anything on your behalf. If there is a need to update or correct anything, we will come back to you.
What if the entry is ready to go?
If there are no spelling corrections and all submission criteria is in place, we will publish your article as soon as we can. This may take 1-2 weeks so please factor this in if you are hoping for a particular publishing timeline. Occasionally, we may have a waiting list for blog posts and the posting date may exceed 2 weeks from the submission date. If this is the case, we will let you know.
What will happen to my post?
Your post will go on the PPN blog here. Where possible, some posts will go on the PPN homepage here. Once it is live, we will send you the link. We might also share your blog post on our LinkedIn page here.