Blog Submission Criteria
The Positive Psychology Network welcomes proposals to share insights and reflections on Positive Psychology in Practice and Autism Awareness in Practice on the PPN Blog.
Please note the following criteria applies:
- You must be a member of the Positive Psychology Guild to submit a blog entry on Positive Psychology in Practice. To learn more about Professional Membership membership, please click here. You may also be a graduate of or enrolled in one of the Positive Psychology Academy’s courses. Please click here.
- To submit a blog entry on Autism Awareness in Practice, you must be a graduate of or enrolled in one of the Autism Centre’s qualifications or CPD trainings. To learn more about these, please click here.
- Entries should be 1,500 words or less and be based on professional insights and experiences on Positive Psychology and/or Autism Awareness in Practice. They may be personal or subject-led, or a combination of both.
- If you refer to scientific research or other published works, please use APA style. If you wish to refer to experiences with other people, please ensure you have their written permission first and do so with respect.
- If you are writing from a practitioner perspective, please make sure you uphold professional integrity. This includes disclosing any personal opinions, referring openly and respectfully to other people’s work, and noting any professional insights or experiences beyond Positive Psychology.
- The promotion of services is not allowed within the blog text, however you may include your bio and business links at the end of your post (please see below questions).
- Please keep in mind PPG’s Professional Guidelines for Positive Psychology Practitioners, which you may access here, and PPG’s Professional Guidelines for Autism Awareness Practitioners, which you may access here.
- Entries must be original; in other words, you may not submit a blog entry that has been posted on another site.
Please note that any opinions or views expressed in guest or member blog entries belong to the author of that post and not PPG. PPG values diversity and inclusion of thought, and strives to ensure that anything expressed is done so in a respectful manner.
Frequently Asked Questions
May I include photos?
Yes. You are welcome to include any photo images with your blog entry if it is relevant to the context, however you must have permission and the licence to use the photos and share them in this format. If we happen to feature your blog post on one of the Positive Psychology Guild’s website, please note we may select an additional feature photo. We also reserve the right not to use your photos.
May I include a bio and business links?
Yes. There will be a space for your bio at the end of the blog entry. This will include your name, membership category, and work role and/or business link. It may include reference to your business services and contact details. Please keep your bio to 150 words or less. Your post should not be linked to the promotion of an event unless otherwise agreed with the Positive Psychology Network.
How do I submit my blog entry?
First, please contact us to discuss your blog entry concept. It will then be approved for submission. Once your entry is ready, please submit this to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens after my blog entry is submitted?
One of our team members will make sure the above submission criteria is in place. We don’t want to change your voice, so we won’t rewrite anything on your behalf. If there is a need to amend or correct anything, we will come back to you.
Once the entry is approved by our editorial team, it will be prepared for the next available date of publication.