Blog Submission Criteria
If you wish to submit a blog entry to the PPN blog, please note the following criteria applies:
- You must be a member of the Positive Psychology Guild to submit entries to the Positive Psychology Network blog, Reflections on Practice. For more information, please click here.
- Entries must be 1,500 words or less and be linked to a current blog theme. These themes are seasonal. The Summer 2020 theme is “How We Practice Positive Psychology” for certified practitioners and “Becoming a Positive Psychology Practitioner” for students. Please contact us for the thematic guides for each category.
- Entries may be linked to student or practitioner insights, reflections, and/or teaching points. If you refer to scientific research or other published works, please use APA style. Do let us know if you aren’t sure about how to do this and we’ll support you. If you wish to refer to experiences with other people, please ensure you have their permission first and do so with respect.
- If you are writing from a practitioner perspective, please make sure you uphold professional integrity. This includes disclosing any personal opinions, referring openly to other people’s work, and mentioning any professional insights beyond Positive Psychology. The promotion of services is not allowed within the blog text, however you may include your bio and business links at the end of your post (please see below questions). Any critical points must be backed up in a rigorous manner.
- Please also keep in mind PPG’s Professional Guidelines for Positive Psychology Practitioners, which you may access here.
- Entries must be original; in other words, you may not submit a blog entry that has been posted on another site.
May I include photos?
Yes. You are welcome to include any photo images with your post, however you must have the relevant permission and licence to use the photos and share them on the PPN blog. If we happen to feature your post on the PPN homepage, please note we may select an additional feature photo. This will not affect the images within your post.
May I include a bio and business links?
Yes. We will post a 2-3 sentence introduction about you before your post. This will include your name, membership category, and work role and/or business link. If you wish to include a longer bio, we will post this at the end of your blog. Please keep this bio to 50 words or less. It may include reference to your business services and contact details.
Please note your post should not be linked to the promotion of an event. We have a separate submission process for members who wish to advertise their events. Please contact us for further information at: email@example.com
How do I submit my entry?
Once you have your draft ready, please submit this to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens after my entry is submitted?
One of our team members will read it through for a final spell check and to make sure the above criteria is in place. We don’t want to change your voice, so we won’t rewrite anything on your behalf. If there is a need to update or correct anything, we will come back to you.
What if the entry is ready to go?
If there are no spelling corrections and all criteria is in place, we will publish your article as soon as we can. This may take 1-2 weeks so please factor this in if you are hoping for a particular publishing timeline. Occasionally, we may have a waiting list for blog posts and the posting date may exceed 2 weeks from the submission date. If this is the case, we will let you know.
What will happen to my post?